WPMU DEV Benefits – Plugins and Hosting, Connect WordPress Site and Cancel Membership (if required).
The best all-in-one platform for WordPress can have plugins, themes and hosting. WPMU DEV is one such service.
Personal management and Image compression are its popular features. Purchase the required plan. Install the necessary plugins and you are good to go.
Hosting is another area where the member benefits for the complete plan.
You can always buy a single Smush Pro membership for image optimization. Later, you like their services. You can then reach out to their support and upgrade your plan.
Suggested Reading – How to Implement WordPress Breadcrumbs without Plugin – Yoast and Genesis
A free 7 day trial is given to test the features. This should be to know the images are optimized properly and time to see other plugin features. Let’s see how to purchase WPMU DEV membership and cancel it if required.
Table of Contents
WPMU DEV – Plans and Pricing
The following plans are available.
The Personal plan will cost you $190/year. This is useful for single-site owners. Freelancer is $390/year and Agency is $990/year. You can also subscribe to the monthly plans. Then follow the guide at the bottom to cancel the 7 day trial membership.
I tried this plan. If you have more than 1 site and see how this service helps them, you can try this. Each WordPress site is unique in its design, theme, plugins and code. Connecting each site and analyzing them will show different results.
The following are some of the features –
- Manage up to 10 Sites
- All 11 Pro Plugins
- Performance & Uptime Pack
- 100GB Smush CDN Bandwidth
- Security & Backups Pack
- Marketing & SEO Pack
- Automated ‘Safe Updates’TM
- 24/7 Expert WP Live Support
- White Label Client Portal
- Users & Roles (5 Seats)
- White Label Plugins
- White Label Client Reports
- $120/y Hosting Credit
How to Buy
- Visit the parent site mentioned above.
- Pricing, Try Free for 7 days, Sales Chat are some of the ways to buy the plans.
- Good idea to try their products, before you commit to it.
- Click the 7 day trial to see further.
- Holiday Special – 40% of Agency plan forever.
- Three plans are provided for WPMU DEV membership –
- Click on “Start 7 DAYS Free Trial” on any plan.
- Provide the following details –
- Email address
- Your name
- User Type – Agency, Freelancer, Designer, Developer etc.
- Click on Next. If you already have an account, you can login.
- Everything can be tested here including hosting, image optimization, plugins, themes etc.
- Click on Next
- Provide credit card details.
- Click on “Join WPMU DEV”.
- You will receive an email automatically.
- WPMU DEV plugin is to be installed on your website.
How to Connect your website
- Download the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin – https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub2/connect/plugin-method-guide
- Typical name would look like this – 89xxxx_wpmu-dev-dashboard-4.10.6.zip
- Login to your WordPress dashboard using your username and password.
- Plugins > Add New Plugin > Upload plugin .
- Select the downloaded file earlier.
- Install and Activate the plugin.
- On the left-hand side, you can see the WPMU DEV setting.
- Click on “Connect” and enter the login details of your account.
- Otherwise, you can go to the Hub in WPMU DEV dashboard and enter the site wp-admin credentials.
- It will automatically connect the site.
WPMU DEV – WordPress Dashboard Options
The following items are available under this plugin feature.
This will show all the plugins installed from WPMU DEV till now. The support tickets for your account and resource tutorials can be seen here. If you have connected several websites, with a Freelancer or Agency plans, then all its supported tickets can be seen.
Services, Analytics, Whitelabel are other features that can be seen here. You can add additional plugins here itself. On installation of this plugin, only the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin is visible.
All the related plugins are listed here. Bulk actions can be done for all the plugins. The following are supported – Update, Activate, Install, Deactivate, Delete. If the corresponding plugin is available in your plan, then you can click the “Install” button.
Otherwise, an “Upgrade” option will be shown.
All the tickets posted by you to the chat support are shown here. The number of replies and status can be seen. Support Access is another feature. Grant this permission to your site for tech engineers. They will look into your site without causing any trouble.
Your site is completely secure, even with this support access. You can revoke this permission after the issue is resolved.
System Information of PHP, MySQL, WordPress, Server, HTTP Requests.
For this you need to install a plugin of WPMU DEV. Add the basic level analytics of your WordPress site without third-party plugins. You can connect your Google Analytics account too, probably.
Remove WPMU DEV branding from all our plugins and replace it with your own branding for your clients.
The following things can be seen here – General, Translations, Permissions, API Key. Automatic Updates and Single Sign-on can be enabled from here.
Note: Once you connect your site to this plugin, you cannot have another trial for the same site.
WPMU DEV – Web Interface
Click on “Go to TheHub” to see all the sites connected. This is the dashboard for your account.
The current version is Hub 2.0. You can try it.
For each site you can do the following –
- Plugins & Themes
For complete details you can install the corresponding plugins.
How to Cancel WPMU DEV membership
After a 7 day trial, you might not have liked their services. On the other side, many SEO plugins are available free. If you feel that you don’t see any improvement in your PageSpeed score then you can eliminate the membership.
This applies to all plans – Personal, Freelancer, Agency.
- Click the Profile icon at the top-right-hand corner > My Account
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Click on “Cancel my membership”.
This will disable your account, but not remove it from WPMU DEV dashboard. So if you want another trial it is not possible. If you have any issues with refund or cancelling, you can always talk to their support team.