How Rank Math Effects Page Speed?
I faced some difficulties with this plugin regarding Redirection and importing meta data to other plugins like Yoast. I reviewed Rank Math plugin recently and has improved a lot in 2023.
There is a new SEO plugin in the WordPress town. The latest version is 188.8.131.52. You can download the plugin from the author website or from plugin repository.
As a user of this plugin on couple of sites, I felt that this plugin slowed down my WordPress panel. I was not sure how it impacted the speed of web pages. In this rank math review we are going to see the latest features, comparison and speed case-stduy.
Table of Contents
What is Rank Math SEO?
It makes it easy for you to optimize your content with built-in suggestions based on widely accepted best practices. Rank Math logo is specially designed to understand its features.
Rank Math WordPress SEO Review
It is a popular SEO plugin that is designed to help you optimize your website for search engines. It is a free plugin that is available for download from the WordPress plugin repository.
- It provides a wide range of features that can help you boost your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- It has a built-in keyword research tool that allows you to find the right keywords to target.
- It also includes a link building tool that can help you acquire high-quality internal backlinks.
In addition, comes with a robust integration with Google Search Console, which allows you to track your website’s performance in SERPs.
- Overall, it is an excellent SEO plugin that can help you improve your website’s visibility and organic traffic.
Also Related .
- How to Speed Up Slow WordPress Backend?
- Create and Restore DreamHost Backup WordPress Easily
- How to Lock Invalid Usernames from BruteForce Attacks in WordPress
Rank Math vs Yoast
It can be hard to decide which SEO plugin is right for your WordPress site. If you’re stuck between this robust plugin and Yoast SEO, this comparison will help you make the right choice.
- The current one is a relatively new SEO plugin, but it’s already made a big splash in the WordPress community.
- Yoast SEO is the reigning champ when it comes to WordPress SEO plugins, but it is quickly gaining ground.
Both plugins are available for free, with paid plans that offer additional features.
Here’s a comparison of the two plugins to help you decide which one is right for your site.
Rank Math Pro Plugin
This plugin for seo is available in both a free and premium version. In this review, we will take a look at the features of both versions and see which one is right for you.
The free version provides all the essential features that you need to optimize your website for search engines. With this version, you can add meta tags, titles, and descriptions to your website. You can also use the plugin to help you with your keyword research.
The premium version provides additional features that can help you further optimize your website. With the premium version, you can get access to advanced features such as automatic redirects, 404 monitoring, and rich snippets. You also get access to priority support from the team.
Both versions are easy to use and come with comprehensive documentation. If you are looking for an SEO plugin that will give you all the features that you need, then it is a great option. It’s pricing details can be seen here.
- LiteSpeed Cache Settings to Score Perfect 100
- LiteSpeed Cache Not Working – 8 Checks to fix Issue
- LiteSpeed Cache vs. WP Rocket – Which is better in Performance?
How to use Rank Math in WordPress
If you want to use on your WordPress website, you first need to install and activate the plugin.
- You can do this by going to the Plugins page of your WordPress dashboard and selecting Add New.
In the search field, type in Rank Math and then click Install Now. Once the plugin has been installed, click Activate.
- Once the plugin is activated, you will be redirected to the setup wizard.
- The setup wizard will walk you through the process of configuring the plugin for your website.
- The first thing you need to do is choose your language. It is available in over 20 languages, so choose the one that’s right for you.
- Next, you need to connect the seo plugin to your Google Analytics account. This will allow to track your traffic and see how your SEO efforts are paying off.
- If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, don’t worry. It can also create a free account for you.
- Just click on the Create Account button and follow the instructions.
- Once you’ve connected to your Google Analytics account, you need to select which features you want to use. It has a lot of features, but not all of them are necessary for every website.
- Just select the features that are right for you and then click on Continue.
- On the next page, you need to select which post types you want to optimize for SEO.
- By default, will optimize your posts and pages for SEO.
- However, if you have other post types on your website (such as products or portfolios), you can also select those here.
- On the next page, will ask if you want to import your SEO settings from another plugin.
- If you’re coming from another SEO plugin (such as Yoast SEO or All in One SEO), it’s usually a good idea to import your settings.
So that you don’t have to start from scratch. Just select the plugin that you want to import from and then click on Continue. You can also use the IndexNow feature to quickly crawl and index your pages in Google and Bing.
Rank Math Free vs Pro
There are two versions : the free version and the Pro version.
The free version is available for download from the WordPress.org plugin repository, and the Pro version can be purchased from the website.
Both versions include the same core features, such as support for Schema markup, title optimization, and keyword monitoring. However, the Pro version includes additional features such as a redirect manager, advanced analytics, and premium support.
- WP Rocket Review - Know the Truth
- WP Rocket + Autoptimize – Is it Better? [Speed Results]
- Real Test of WP Rocket with Third-Party Video Ads
Rank Math – Case Study
I used a test website with 5 webpages to test whether it is causing any speed performance issues. As we know usage of several WordPress plugins may slow down the site. Sometimes the issue can be caused by a single plugin.
It is important to know which plugin is causing slow page loading time and make necessary changes. Some times the code of the plugin is at fault causing security leakages and resource overhead.
Plugins and Themes.
Thesis & Current Skin
Thesis Version: 2.9.4
Skin Name: Effectus
Skin Version: 1.2.3
Skin CSS: YES → 40.6kB on 07/30/2019 at 07:14:55
Skin Custom CSS: NO
Skin Custom PHP: YES → 0.4kB on 06/28/2019 at 16:24:45
Using a wordpress framework, you can optimize seo .
Thesis Skins and Boxes
Installed Skins: Classic Responsive, Effectus
WordPress Version: 5.2.2
Filesystem Method: direct
Using Multisite: NO
Active Plugins: Accelerated Mobile Pages, Akismet Anti-Spam, Classic Editor, Lightweight Subscribe To Comments, Contact Form 7, Cookie Notice, EWWW Image Optimizer, kk Star Ratings, Limit Login Attempts, Rank Math SEO, SG Optimizer, Wordfence Security, WP Review Pro, WP Shortcode Pro by MyThemeShop
To test whether this plugin is causing any speed issue, I tested a web page on three page speed testing tools – GTMetrix, Pingdom Tools, Google’s PageSpeed Insights.
Page Speed with Rank Math Active
I am already on SiteGround hosting and using GoGeek plan. As a benefit, the hosting provides a caching plugin called “SG Optimizer” to speed up your site.
This is an useful cache optimization plugin and works with SiteGround hosting only. I am using SG Optimizer and Cloudflare free version to speed up my site.
The page loading time with plugin active was 3.2s, 1.48MB total page size and 72 requests were loaded. The PageSpeed Score was B(83%) and YSlow Score was C(75%). This was using the GTMetrix tool.
The page speed of the same web page was 2.90s with page size of 1.8MB and 78 requests. This result was from Pingdom tools.
The mobile pagespeed score was 77 and desktop score was 72 when tested with Google’s PageSpeed Insights testing tool. The first meaningful paint time was 1.9s and Speed Index was 6.2s in mobile version.
The desktop results show that the first meaningful paint was 1.2s and speed index was 3.8s.
Rank Math Inactive – Change in Page Speed
After clearing the cloudflare, sg optimizer and browser cache, I tested the same web page with different testing tools mentioned above. The following were the results.
1. GTMetrix tool reports page loading time of 3.0s and 1.44MB page size and 71 requests. The PageSpeed Score was B(83%) and YSlow Score was C(75%).
2. Pingdom Tools test result shows that the page loaded in 1.53s, with 1.7MB page size and 77 requests. The performance grade was D(67).
3. Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool reported a mobile score of 82 and desktop score of 87. The first meaningful paint time in mobile version was 1.9s and speed index time was 5.6s. The desktop version of the same parameters were 1.1s and 1.9s.
What is a Good Score on Rank Math?
It is a WordPress SEO plugin that makes it super easy to optimize your content and get more traffic from Google. It includes everything you need to optimize your website for search engines, and it’s completely free.
So what is a good Rank Math score?
A good score is anything above 82. This means that your website is optimized well and has a good chance of ranking high in Google. Schema is another good opportunity for rich snippets.
Of course, there is no guarantee that you will rank higher just because you have a good score. But it certainly doesn’t hurt, and it may give you an edge over other websites that are not as well optimized.
There are many factors that go into ranking high in Google, and optimizing your website is a great place to start.
From the above test results we can observe that GTMetrix did not show any difference in page load times when plugin was active and inactive. The website page speed was around 3.0s using this tool.
But Pingdom tool showed a marked difference when it was used and not used. There was 90% difference in page load time when the plugin was deactivated. The page loading time decreased by 1.4s on deactivating the plugin.
The major improvement in page speed can be seen in Google’s tool. Both mobile and desktop results produced a score of above 80 when the plugin was deactivated.
More websites and web pages are required to get conclusive evidence of speed performance of plugin. In this case-study, we can say that there is an increase in page load time (though not much), when active compared to inactive state results.
Another rather important point on acceleration is optimization and compression of images on the site. You may manually optimize each picture (through Photoshop for example), or automatically (through special services).